News and insights
Omnia Strategy are currently recruiting for an Arbitration Associate to join their team.
27th August 2019
Omnia Strategy is an international law firm focusing on dispute resolution. We work with governments, businesses and private clients to prevent and resolve complex problems using an innovative cross-disciplinary approach. We handle a wide range of work, including high-profile cases as well as challenging treaty and commercial arbitrations.
We are looking for an exceptional, ambitious, individual to join our team in London as an Arbitration Associate. The role will require a particular interest in international arbitration, technical experience of all aspects of the arbitral process and it will extend to supervising and training junior associates and interns. Candidates should be entrepreneurial, confident, creative and enjoy problem solving. The position demands a variety of skills including:
- Dispute Resolution Work: Working with the team of associates and partners with contentious and arbitration matters, particularly preparing and filing legal submissions and supporting documentation;
- Research & Drafting: Investigating and preparing reports on matters including but not limited to law, policy, business and current affairs, briefs and memoranda;
- Project Management: Supporting and coordinating projects; developing and delivering pitches, progress reports, proposals and presentations; applying strategic problem-solving skills to facilitate project outcomes.
- 3-6 Years PQE with at least a silver circle law firm or specialised arbitration boutique;
- Excellent academic record, undergraduate degree with minimum 2:1 achieved;
- A particular interest (and existing experience) in international dispute resolution, including State to State dispute settlement, commercial and investor-state arbitration, litigation, contentious human rights matters and ADR; and
- Fluency in English is required although other languages are welcomed.
- A strong work ethic with a detail orientated focus;
- Ambitious and confident individual willing to demonstrate responsibility and initiative;
- Good organisational abilities with capacity to work under pressure;
- Strong analytical and strategic-thinking skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Conscientious attitude with a high attention to detail;
- Commercially-minded with an interest in entrepreneurship;
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential information;
- Relationship-driven and at ease with clients and third parties;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team; and
- Strong capacity to develop interpersonal working relationships.
- Please send a cover letter and your CV to Nick Davis clearly stating your salary expectations and current notice period by email to [email protected] with the subject line “Application – Arbitration Position” by 6 September 2019. Any other application type and applications without cover letters will not be considered.
- All applications are dealt with in the Strictest of Confidence.
- Personal Data contained within your application and CV will be held for thirty days after the closing date before being electronically destroyed. Omnia Strategy does not retain any personal data. We are unable to offer Tier 2 or Tier 5 Sponsorship for this position.
A PDF of the full job description and application procedure can also be found here.