International Commercial Arbitration
Omnia continues successfully to represent private individuals, corporates and States in international commercial arbitrations conducted in accordance with the major international arbitration rules, including ICC, UNCITRAL, and LCIA. We are distinctively familiar with each of the arbitral rules and can adapt to the context of the disputes and various locations. We also appear before national courts to enforce or resist enforcement of international arbitration agreements and arbitral awards.
Representation of States
- Omnia represented the Governments of Pakistan and Balochistan in parallel ICSID and ICC arbitration proceedings initiated by an Australian company under a bilateral investment treaty in a dispute concerning the major Reko Diq mining concession.
- Omnia represented the Republic of Albania in UNCITRAL arbitration proceedings against a claim brought by a US company arising out of an oil exploration and production concession.
- Omnia represented the Government of Albania in ICC proceedings brought by a supplier in a dispute over security monitoring equipment.
Representation of Investors
- Omnia is representing a UK renewable energy company in LCIA proceedings against an East African State entity regarding a project of national strategic importance.
- Omnia represented Sutton Energy in a multi-million dollar ICC arbitration against high profile European counterparties under a shareholder agreement relating to an investment in a West African port concession.