Your privacy is important to Omnia Strategy. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this privacy statement sets out how we will treat your personal information.
Personal Data Collection
Omnia Strategy may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this websites (which may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, referral source, entry page, exit page, length of visit, number of page views, route taken through this website, and similar information);
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters; and
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you general non-marketing commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email and you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications; and
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information. Except as provided in this privacy statement, we will not provide your information to third parties.
- the payment of a fee; and
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity.
Using Personal Data
Personal information submitted to us via this website will be used for the purposes specified in this privacy statement or in relevant parts of the website.
We may use your personal data to:
Personal Data Security
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Omnia Strategy will store all the personal data you provide on its secure servers. Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via this website will be protected by encryption technology.
We may disclose information about you to any of our employees, officers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes as set out in this privacy statement.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
Cross-border Data Transfers
Information that Omnia Strategy collects may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate to enable the use of the information in accordance with this privacy statement.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available around the world.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email at any time.
Privacy Statement Update
We may update this privacy statement from time-to-time by posting a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes.
We may also notify you of changes to our privacy statement by email.
The website contains links to other websites that are not under the control of and are not maintained by Omnia Strategy We are not responsible for the content or reliability of the linked websites. Omnia Strategy provides these links for your convenience only but does not endorse the material on these sites.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or our treatment of your personal information, please write to us at [email protected]
Thomas Coats is an Associate in Omnia Strategy’s London office. His practice focuses on commercial and investor-State dispute resolution and related advisory work.
Thomas has worked on international disputes in Asia, Africa, the Americas and the Middle East, involving public law, jurisdictional, offshore and criminal issues. He is currently working as part of a team representing a State in an investor-State arbitration and has worked on a review of a State’s Bilateral Investment Treaty programme. Thomas clerked for a Judge of the High Court of Hong Kong and has worked as an assistant to a commercial barrister in Australia. Previously, Thomas also worked in marketing and business development for two leading Australian law firms and has represented clients in social security tribunals on a Pro Bono basis.
Thomas studied Classics at Jesus College, University of Cambridge. He then did a Graduate Diploma in Law, obtaining a Distinction, and the Bar Professional Training Course, obtaining an Outstanding. Thomas was awarded the Buchanan Prize by Lincoln’s Inn for outstanding performance on the Bar Course. Thomas intends to practise at the Bar of England and Wales.